Now that we have learned how to have a proper mindset in relation to training, let’s use that positive mindset to CRUSH some goals! Whether your goal is big or small, developing a path to achieving it is an important first step in becoming the best version of YOU!
When thinking about goal setting here are a few things to keep in mind
- Identify your why
- The deeper your reason for wanting to attain this goal, the more motivated you will be to accomplish it
- Write your goal down
- Make it visible and read it daily to remind you of why you want to accomplish it
- Be specific
- The more focused your goal is, the easier it will be to develop a plan of how to achieve it
- Make it measurable
- Leave no doubt in whether or not you have achieved it
- Develop a plan and a timeline
- The road map for how you are going to attack your goal is just as important as the goal itself
- Don’t be afraid of failure
- Just because you may not have achieved your goal, does not mean you failed. Look at where you started to where you are now. Stay the course and keep learning.
- Use your support systems
- Whether it’s the amazing TrueCore community, your family or your co-workers, your support system should motivate you on your path to success
Remember that we (as coaches and athletes) are looking for constant progress, not perfection. Enjoy the journey of making yourself better than yesterday. Celebrate the small victories and trust the process. Hard work pays off!